Saturday 25 March 2017

Atari Teenage Riot – burn, Berlin burn compilation (CD)





Life is strange sometimes. I discovered digital hardcore i.e a mix of which hardore punk + industrial + hardcore techno + drum & bass, and also breakcore. While surfing the web. I was checking out some electronic music netlabels. That evening I found so much legally free music it`s simply unreal. I remember this particular label named D-Trash Records (http://www.lunaticfringe.org/~schizoid/dtrashrecords/) they had a good quantity of free digital hardcore albums. That`s how I discovered Schizoid, Knar, Cpuwar, DJ Rabies and Exist. All this happened around 2001 or 2003 perhaps. That`s totally me. I find some new type of electronic music (at least for me). I never hear the original creators. Instead, I usually discover the more obscure version. It`s early 2017, I`m at Renaissance Montréal looking at piles and piles of second hand CDs. When lo and behold, what is this? A compilation of the famous Atari Teenage Riot (one of the founders of digital hardcore). I`m sitting down in my comfort chair, relaxing, having a nice cold beer while hearing this. I`m impressed. This compilation came out in 1997 (twenty years ago) and still sounds fresh. There`s fourteen tracks of intense, in your face, savage, blaring, digital hardcore. Man I need some Tylonol here. Some info: http://www.atari-teenage-riot.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment